Monday 11 June 2012

Schedule failure

Back to 5-day weeks, and Monday morning stress.

I have the same routine every Monday morning.
Greet the new staff that are joining the company, issue them their laptop and then talk them through a 30 minute induction. A task I have performed for the 11 months I have worked here.

It seems more and more frequently this process wants to fail. My 30 minute induction today took me just under 2 hours!! 3 new members of staff, deciding to stagger their arrival over the course of an hour and half.
As I finished one induction I had to start the next.
My morning was blown to pieces and I missed breakfast, i wouldn't normally moan about this but I'm currently trying to put on weight. Up until today I've made sure I've had 3 meals a day for about 3 weeks!

Not only has this farce ruined my eating habits, it's also screwed me for the rest of my day, I am having to reschedule appointments and apologise profusely.
Here's hoping I can catch up and get finished on time... because i do not want this to ruined my afternoon too!


NC

No comments:

Post a Comment