Sunday 8 April 2012

An introduction...

So this is me, a thirtysomething father of 3 (most people use the term "thirtysomething" when they're pushing 40, I've got a long way before I hit that mark). I'm married and hold a full time job. Sounds pretty sweet, but I have loads to complain about. I'm sure you'll hear all about it on coming posts.I'm a self-professed nerd loving every form of technology from the betamax tape recorder to 3D TV's (hehe, Betamax... I swear I'm no where near 40!). I love me some gaming and own a Xbox, PS3 and up until recently a Wii May it rest in peace.I'm quite opionated, rarely bite my tongue and love a good debate on how religion is wrong (I should point out that I do not begrudge anyone believing in any religion; it's just I'm able to get through the day without wishing to the magic man in the sky for good things in my life whilst blaming him for the bad).My kidsSo my three kids are all boys, aged 2, 3 and 13. A huge gap i know, reasons for which may or may not come apparent in later posts as will more about them a indiviuals. All i will say for now is the fill me with equal amounts of love and rage! as all good kids should.My WifeNot going to go into any details here, I'm sure she'll come into the firing line in future posts ;o)My JobI do online support in a very large pharmaceutical company (Very Large is an understatement), I won't be mentioning the name of said company in any posts... ever! i once checked in to the building using Foursquare and got questioned about my online activities, best stay off that radar all together).Been doing onsite IT support for over a decade now, previously for another company... which is pretty good considering I left school at 15 with not a single qualification.Why a blog?I have all the usual social networking pages/profiles and realised I didn't actually write a blog. Which is probably because I love the sound of my own voice and hate my uneducated attempt at spelling & grammer... but I digress.I'll be using this blog to slate my life a bit (better out than in) and to share any of my nerdy interweb findings. I love me a good underdog app, I was playing Where's my water? before it was mainstream (yes I know that makes me sound like a hipster and I apologise). I may re-blog the odd Meme, internet link or twitter post. And if you're lucky, one or two IT Helpdesk scare stories.Thanks for readingNC

No comments:

Post a Comment